Monday 13 March 2017

Adaptation B: Further designs and style experiments


The top full body drawings are more refined ideas of the previous thumbnail sketches. At the moment, although i'd like to put a lot of detail into the design, I need to tone it down in order to create a successful model. I also feel the designs more experimentation to see what other possibilities there can be. The four faces are the start of the styles I am experimenting with, and at the moment they're rather realisitc, as is my style. Below (after looking at the influence map of styles such as Disney, Totally Spies, comic book characters etc) are more style experimentations. At the moment i'm liking 3, 6, 8 and 9. The scars symbolise her experience in battle and she proudly wears them. I'm also testing to see if the character can be along the lines of a middle aged woman, as most video games have a younger character, and I'd like to challenge this.


3 comments:

  1. I like 2, 5 and 6 in the top picture. The scars across the eye and face are really nice.

    For the style sketches I quite like 4, but I would suggest looking at games like Journey, Abzu and Virginia. Not sure if that kind of style appeals to you, but may help in terms of inspiration for a less realistic style :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you eleanor! I shall take a look at those

      Delete
  2. and I like the idea of a 40-something character too - there's only so many nubile warrior vixens this world needs! Let's see some real women getting in on the action, I say!

    ReplyDelete