After the first attempt of creating an eggcup in class, I wasn't satisfied with the shape, so I decided to re-do it. The purple eggcup shows the second time creating it with NURBS, and this time round I had a much better understanding and took my time. With the second grey eggcup, I followed Alan's online tutorial, however something in the pipelines went quite wrong and I ended up with an odd shape. I found myself to be rushing ahead again and not carefully listening to the tutorial, so I attempted the grey one all over again.
The finished set of eggcups. I am really happy with the outcomes and slowly but surely, Maya is becoming just that bit easier.